Friday, December 7, 2012

Just a Little Panic

Remember how excited I was that we got our favorite social worker back?

Yeah, that came back to bite me today.

I got an e-mail from her asking for the adoption money.

Last time we paid in sections, so her asking for it ALL

was a bit shocking.

Especially because we don't have it all yet.

So we e-mail chatted back and forth all afternoon

while I tried not to cry from the panic

of how we were going to come up with the whole amount now,

four whole months before baby is even due.

Finally, she asked around, and it was decided it would be OK for us to pay

the same way we did less than a year ago,

 some now, some when we sign.

Phew!


2 comments:

asian~treasures said...

So thankful that it can be done in installments!! Chocolate martini, anyone? : )

RaD said...

That's crazy! I would almost think if mom wanted you to be the parents, she could just sign her rights over without all the fees.

I know, I know, that's not how it's done. But that is so crazy that the agency has to make money off of this when she already knew you and just picked you without all the run around.