Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Home.

Home!

I'm so glad to be home!

I've had time to reflect on everything we saw

and heard

and did

on our long drive home,

and how hard it was to see.

It's hard for me to walk the tightrope between

what it OK to share publicly,

and what is private business.

Seeing how Baby Brother lives

was incredibly hard.

I can't stop myself from comparing his current life

to the one he could have had.

I'm not talking material possessions,

but affection, security, consistency,

even nutrition and health care.

Honestly, it makes me sob.

At the same time, there is absolutely nothing,

 nothing,

I can do to change things.

It's such a helpless feeling.

So I guess I keep praying,

and hope somehow God can find a way

to make a better life for this little guy.

No comments: