Thursday, July 25, 2013

Medical Mystery

A few weeks ago I woke up with the left side of my body feeling wrong.

The best I can describe it is numb, but that's not quite right either.

I can feel, but it feels like I've got a layer between my skin and the rest of me.

Weird?

Uh, yeah!

Since we'd been digging up the backyard for a few days,

I assumed I'd pinched a nerve,

or wretched my back.

So, I went to the chiropractor.

He messed with my back and neck a bit,

but nothing changed.

After a few visits, I gave up on that track,

and headed to the doctor.

He wanted to do a bunch of blood tests,

and if they came out OK,

an MRI.

The blood tests came out OK,

with the exception of very low vitamin D.

So I took a huge boost of "sunshine in a pill"

and had a nice, relaxing MRI.

Yes, I said nice and relaxing!

Sure, it's noisy, but I had to lay quite still and no kids came in

and asked for something,

told me a bit of important info,

or tattled.

Now I'm waiting to see what's going on in my head,

and stressing myself out a bit!

1 comment:

RaD said...

I'm sorry to hear this. I hope they can help you, though what I will really be praying for is for it to go away and never return!