Monday, August 15, 2011

Getting Busy

It took almost a full week to recover from that crazy weekend!  And our lives didn't slow down to let us recover much either.  Big changes are coming for us in our adoption situation, but I'll explain that later.

Over the next few weeks all our school year activities slowly start building up, with some from last year dropping off, and some new stuff adding in.  Mac and Princess got the opportunity to try out  homeschool gymnastics class this month.  I admit I was a bit skeptical about how it would be, but there are only four kids in the class, so they are doing a LOT of fun stuff!

I'm struggling a bit with wanting my kids to have all the opportunities living in the big city comes with, and still keeping our at home time too.  After much deliberation, I've opted out of the public school's band and strings classes.  Sure, they're free, but they are EVERY morning smack dab in the middle of our school time.  It was making me crazy trying to figure out how we were going to get it all done!  When I finally just said "I can't do this" and let it go, it was like I'd been holding my breath....and finally exhaled. 


How do school mamas get everything in in just the few hours they have after school?  And homework too?????

1 comment:

Mrs. Frogster said...

good for you! it's important to know when to say yes and when to say no. :) homeschoolers rock!