Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Authentic Mom

My friend Jill, you remember her, she's Matthew's mom, has tagged me as an "Authentic Mom".
So I had to sit and think about this. What's and authentic mom? She's the mom eyebrow deep in her kids lives, yet at the same time standing to the side to let them do it themselves. Here are my examples:

An authentic mom has fingerprints on her windows, mirrors and walls. Then the authentic mom lets the kids clean up the fingerprints even though they take twice as long and use twice as many clorox wipes than if she'd done it herself.

An authentic mom scours the internet looking for the directions to make a hissing cockroach birthday cake, then doesn't hesitate to change that cake, last minute, to a Bionicle cake.

An authentic mom has a Lego project in progress at all times, but doesn't mind when one of her kids takes it over to finish it.

And finally, an authentic mom that homeschools knows that baking cookies always counts as math!

And now it's my turn to nominate some moms! I pick Missy from Team Kollar, Sheri from Asian Treasures, Melis from Zookeepers Diary and Jen from 11th Heaven (and mom to 9 and 1/2!).



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You definitely sound authenic to me! Congrats!