Saturday, August 29, 2009

And Then I Cried


This week has been an emotional one for me. I do not like to be overly emotional. I do not like to cry, and I really don't like to cry in front of other people, but this week found me crying often, and publicly.

This week, one of the kids from my co-op died in a car accident. He was 8 years old. What makes it harder was that his mama was driving, and caused the accident. I can vividly recall all the times that I have made a stupid driving mistake. I know how my heart pounded, and how I could so easily be standing in her shoes. And to think of this dear mom, and the pain she must be in, and will stay in for such a long time. And how do you explain to your children that their big brother is never coming home? I'm crying right now as I type!

Please pray for mama Tanya and her little ones when they come to your mind.

And this morning, I found this blog: http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/
and I cried like a fountain. It made my heart ACHE!

And now we are off to the Walk Now for Autism walk, where I celebrate my amazing son, while I ache for families who were not as lucky as ours. Here I will see beautiful kids trapped in their scrambled neurons.

It's been one damp week!

2 comments:

missy said...

i am so sorry. that is heart-wrenching. i had heard about that accident and thought "that could easily be me". i will pray for the family. and for the walk. i am SO sorry we forgot it. i really wanted to be a part of it this year.

Emiley said...

Sweet picture. That's just how I remember him...can't even wrap my mind around the idea that he's gone.