Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Post-Christmas Concert

The kids had their much delayed Christmas drama/band/piano performances Friday, and I am JUST getting around to posting them. I am blaming it on the amazingly crazy day that was Friday. We were at co-op for registration at 9:00 a.m., and didn't leave the building until the post-concert clean up was done, at 9:00 p.m. I DO NOT get paid enough! Then we drove 25 miles home in a blizzard.

These are the pics from the play. Isaac was a time traveling student, Em was a cowboy, and
Ellie was Mary in the nativity. Might seem strange to have those 3 things in the same play, but it worked out in the end!













Now, pop some popcorn and watch a few movies!
Emma's 12 Days of Christmas. WARNING: It's ALL 12 days!



Isaac's Deck the Halls. Mac is chatting in the background.


And now the band concert. The first is 1st band's rendition of Jingle Bells. Isaac on the bass drum, Em on the flute. They do sound like a first year band, so feel free to skip this one!


And now 2nd band's William Tell Overture (Isaac's favorite) with Isaac on the sax, and Em on the clarinet. Sadly, the blizzard had started by this time, and 1/3 of the kids were gone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think they sounded pretty darn good. I'm glad I found this blog of yours, it helps me to keep up on how my little nieces and nephews are doin'!

Anonymous said...

wow the kids are playing very well how long now they sound like they have been playing for yrs It was cool to see amaya being included in your blog and it is really cool to read I need to check more and keep up to date on my sweeties amaya says she wants to learn how to play the flute,guitar,and piano but in her school it starts in 5th grade so we will see.good job kids we love and miss yas