Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Stockings

This one smacks me

in the heart every year,

but this year....

 These are our stocking.

Nana made them for us,

and the year we celebrated

Babycakes first Christmas,

she made us two more.

One was for Babycakes,

one was for Baby Brother,

who was going to be coming home

in April.

The year Babycakes was one,

I was so confused,

when I opened the box,

by why I had an extra stocking

and then it hit me.

Ouch!

But at that time,

Mama E had just asked us

if we would take Baby Brother,

again,

so I stuffed it back into the box,

thinking we might need it the next year.

The exact same though process happened last year.

 This year was a different,

I remembered the moment I saw them.

The extra stocking.

I almost hung it up for him.

But I just couldn't do it.

No comments: