Wednesday, August 6, 2014

While You're Away, The Pets Will Play

A tale of lost and found.

We left Milo the Wonder Cat at the old house until the day after the movers left.

We didn't want to chance him running away into a brand new neighborhood,

and didn't want to lock him up either.

So, the next day Hubs and I drove back

to pick up the detritus that didn't make it onto the truck,

and retrieve Milo as well as our current Madagascar hissing cockroach, Temp.

Imagine my shock when I opened the door

to see the bug tank lying on the floor, open and empty!

Milo had taken advantage of the situation

and gone after that skitterey critter.

We looked under every appliance

to no avail,

and after a few hours of searching and packing, left.

Then I called the person who was going to get our house ready for sale, and broke the news.

 She bravely agreed to look around for the escapee when she came over.

Sadly, at 11:00 this morning she sent a text letting me know she hadn't found him.

All I could think about was how awful it would be

to try to explain the situation to prospective buyers.

Or maybe not say anything?

How awful would it be to be in your new house,

and flip on a light and see this run across the room?!


I know a few people who would burn that house down

rather than live with that bug.

So you can imagine my relief

when I got a call a few hours later

 letting me know the bug had been not only spotted,

but captured!!

2 comments:

Katie said...

These pets sure keep you on your toes! :)

Kendra said...

LOL!! Mind you we rented a home with a severe mouse issue no one told us it had. The #1 problem was a pet mouse who'd gone rouge & would pop up out of no where & stare you down. We finally caught him with chocolate, but man nothing quite as unsettling as doing crunches & seeing beady little eyes staring you down!