Thursday, May 3, 2012

My Big Black Boyfriend

I was asked to give a quick talk this week at our church's women's Bible study.  They wanted a quick recap of our story of Babycake's adoption, and how we made our decision to adopt him.  At the end of the talk, I asked for questions and comments.

Another adoptive mama made an awesome comment.....OK, maybe awesome isn't the right word.....

She said that as an adoptive mama, she should have assumed he was adopted, or at least wondered if that was our story,

 but she didn't.

Instead, she assumed I was a divorced mom, with four white kids, with a baby from my black boyfriend!  To be specific, my "big, black boyfriend"!!!

I had to pinch myself to stop from laughing hysterically!  I'm sure my church friends who know our story wanted to join me!

So when I got home from speaking, I told hubs about it, and told him he was the palest big black boyfriend ever!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

That is the BEST STORY EVER! I'm dying laughing here.

asian~treasures said...

: ) It was all I could do to not laugh out loud...hysterically! : ) Big, black, red-headed boyfriend. TOO FUNNY!!

Katie said...

Holy smokes. This is the funniest thing I've heard in awhile. Seriously funny!