Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Advent Excitement

We have a cute little advent calendar with pockets that we use each year.  We put the pieces to our nativity scene in it, and take a piece out each evening to add to the scene.  My kids hate that it's "boring" at the beginning, and lacking in enough characters to play.  So, they've gotten a bit....creative.  This is what I found this morning:
While shepherds watched their sheep?
The Angel of the Lord, and a fairy prince rode down on their unicorns to bring the good news....to an elephant?
 I bet the little drummer boy didn't see THIS in the stable!
 Just watching the flocks!
 I think we're going to need a bigger stable next year.  We're getting the Egyptian set for Christmas!

1 comment:

Homegrown Tribe said...

ha! love it! Where did you get those animals? I'm looking for an entire set for the kids.

britt