Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Homestudy Update

It was easy!  OK, not easy, but nothing unexpected, and like everyone told us, she barely looked at the house.  Dare I admit I was so nervous I was shaking?  The kids were so good!  They played quietly, together(gasp!), and answered her questions easily, and no one said anything weird at all, even Mike!  We have to meet with her one more time, then she writes up a paper for our agency. 

And she wasn't even afraid of Becky and Kaitlynn!  (For the uninformed, Becky and Kaitlynn are our pet Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches.)

Next step, we start building a portfolio.  That's the paper a birthmom looks at when she's choosing a family.  Then, the real waiting begins!

4 comments:

Katie said...

I was most worried about Mike. So glad he was on his best behavior!

Melanie said...

Glad to read the home study went well. I would also be afraid of what my husband would have to say. Most people do not get his sense of humor. I would definitely be afraid of the Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches.

asian~treasures said...

Hooray!! Glad it was a success!

Mel said...

excited about your adoption! we're huge orphan care advocates. where are you adopting from?

Melissa
www.thecorkums.com