Monday, December 15, 2008

12 days of........

The kids wrote this last year while making one of our numerous trips to "The Big City". I know it is not as polished as the original, but it is so much more applicable to our nitty-gritty, chaotic lives.


The Twelve Days of Homeschool

(To the tune of the Twelve Days of Christmas)

On the first day of homeschool my children gave to me a very sticky purple pencil

On the second day of homeschool my children gave to me two pregnant mice and a very sticky purple pencil.

On the third day of homeschool my children gave to me three missed field trips, two pregnant mice and a very sticky purple pencil.

On the fourth day of homeschool my children gave to me four swallowed pennies, three missed field trips, two pregnant mice and a very sticky purple pencil.

On the fifth day of homeschool my children gave to me five running noses, four swallowed pennies, three missed field trips, two pregnant mice and a very sticky purple pencil.

On the sixth day of homeschool my children gave to me six useless facts, five runny noses, four swallowed pennies, three misses field trips, two pregnant mice and a very sticky purple pencil.

On the seventh day of homeschool my children gave to me seven mis-matched socks, six useless facts, five runny noses, four swallowed pennies, three missed field trips, two pregnant mice and a very sticky purple pencil.

On the eighth day of homeschool my children gave to me eight unfinished worksheets, 7 mismatched socks.......

On the ninth day of homeschool my children gave to me nine loads of laundry, 8 unfinished worksheets, .....

On the tenth day of homeschool my children gave to me ten dirty spoons, 9 loads of laundry,....

On the eleventh day of homeschool my children gave to me eleven over due books, 10 dirty spoons,.....

On the twelfth day of homeschool my children gave to me twelve baby mice!, eleven over-due books, .....

No comments: